Only people can understand the true essence of Independence who got it after a struggle, we take independence for granted. Independence day is the day when we pay homage to our leaders who fought for our independence in the past, president of the nation address the country on the eve of Independence Day.
- “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
- “Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living?”
- “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.”
George Bernard Shaw
- “Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement.”
- “Liberty is maintained by responsible freedom.”
Roger W Hancock
- “Your freedom is brought to you courtesy of the outstanding Men and Women who serve and have served this country with honor, dedication, pride and sacrifice!”
- Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country! Happy Independence Day!
- “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.”
John F. Kennedy
- “How can one be compelled to accept slavery? I simply refuse to do the master’s bidding. He may torture me, break my bones to atoms and even kill me. He will then have my dead body, not my obedience. Ultimately, therefore, it is I who am the victor and not he, for he has failed in getting me to do what he wanted done.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty.” – Louis D. Brandeis
- “Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “One individual may die for an idea; but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives. That is how the wheel of evolution moves on and the ideas and dreams of one nation are bequeathed to the next” – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- “Apparently, I’ve acted like a terrorist. But I’m not a terrorist.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it” – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- “Delhi Chalo” and “Tum Mujhe Khoon Do main Tumhe Ajadi Doonga”. – Subhas Chandra Bose
- “Whatever difficulties we may face, we must never give up the quest for truth, which alone is God himself.” – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- “You must be the change you want to see in the World” – Mahatma Gandhi
- If a man takes away someone’s freedom, he no longer has his freedom as well. We need to unite and fight against people who think they have the right to own other people’s lives. Happy Independence Day!
- Freedom is the most precious thing in every human’s life. No one has a right to take it away, and we need to do everything to protect our society from cruelty and violence. Happy Independence Day!
- Freedom is for everyone. It doesn’t see colors or shapes. We’ve had enough of hate and violence, and now we need to build our new future, full of love and understanding. Let’s raise our glasses to Independence Day!
- Let us honour every patriot, because without them, freedom would not have existed. What they did, we can never repay. Happy Independence Day!
- My love for my nation is worthiness. My love for my people is endless. All I desire for my country is happiness. Let me be the first person to wish you a special happy Independence Day!
- It is a great time for you to show the act of freedom. Make yourself known. Never follow others footsteps, free yourself, after-all you are independent! Happy Independence Day.
Today is a day to be celebrated,
Today is a day to be happy,
Today is a day to be independent,
So happy Independence Day!
- “Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.”
Marquis de Lafayette
- “Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.”
- We celebrate bravery of our ancestors and their gift of freedom. Long may our flag wave! Happy Independence Day!
- Freedom in our mind, faith in the words, pride in our souls. Let’s salute the great men and women who made this possible. Happy Independence Day!
- “God give us peace without peace we are without freedom.”
Ellen J. Barrier
- “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.”